Monday, February 25, 2013

Meet Isaac Lance Bird

I am in love all over again.
Our little guy Isaac has arrived!
I was scheduled to be induced on Feb. 18th, but Isaac had other plans.
Friday night, the 15th, we were at Grandma and Grandpa Sorensen's house when I started having contractions every 5 minutes. They continued for 2 hours and my lower back started hurting as well. We called the hospital and let them know as well as the fact that we were an hour away. They told us we better head up to Pocatello. We arrived at the hospital around 12:30 am. The day before I went to my appointment and was a 1 and not thinned at all. When I got to the hospital, I was a 3 and 50% thinned. So they had me walk and checked again to see I was a 4. They kept me and started some pitocin to speed things up. In the morning around 5, the doctor broke my water. I tried hanging in longer, but got my epidural at 7:30 am. There was no need to suffer through the pain when that blessed medicine was available!
An hour later I was a 10 and ready to go.
I pushed for an hour and a half and finally Isaac came into this world.


It was a great surprise since we didn't find out the gender of our baby. Preston was so happy and Emma was mad. Seriously. Mad.
But once she saw him, she fell in love like the rest of us. I told her there was a girl baby in the nursery that we could trade Isaac for, but she said that she had changed her mind.
Isaac was born at 9:54 am and weighed in at 7lbs 15 oz and 22 inches long. 
No wonder I pushed for so long! He was in there all wonky and had to straighten out to come out. He was perfect. No complications at all which was a huge relief.


As I recovered, Lance went with Isaac to see the doctor and have his first bath.


I hadn't slept since Friday morning and Isaac was born Saturday morning so I was exhausted. Lance napped for maybe 30 minutes and was tired, too. So we had Saturday to ourselves with Isaac which was nice.
Sunday afternoon is when the visitors came. Matt and Brittnie were the first and then Irene, Melanie, and Mitch came up with the kids. They loved meeting their new baby brother.


(Sorry about the out of focus picture...Lance hated my lens. At least Emma's coat is in forcus!)



Our first family picture with Isaac. I love those happy faces!

The next day we came home. I could have gone home after 24 hours, but decided to stay to get some extra rest. Lance got him ready to leave...


It's an adjustment to have a newborn again, but we are loving it. Isaac is such a good baby. He only gets up twice at night to eat and is so happy and content when he is awake. It's a wonder I can get anything done since all I want to do is look at him. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mandy, I am so happy for you guys. That little Isaac is TOO CUTE for words!!! I enjoyed looking at all the pics! You have such a beautiful family. I'm happy for you that Lance is home to help now :) When he leaves I'm sure Hannah will be a huge help, too. Kelsey was/ is always such a big helper when Kale's not home. Take care of yourself, girly! xoxo

Julie w said...

So dang cute Mandy! Congratulations!!

Chantel said...

Congrats! He is darling.