Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas 2011

We had a great Christmas this year. The kids got to see Santa a couple times and we spent lots of time with my family and Lance's family. I love being with them all especially this time of year. 
We did have a sad part of the Christmas season, however. My brother Matt and his wife Brittnie had a beautiful baby girl named Reese Brittnie. She only lived a few hours on this earth but her beautiful spirit is all around us. 



I feel so blessed to have met this sweet angel before she passed. Matt and Brittnie are always in our thoughts and they are doing as good as can be expected. Thank goodness for the knowledge of eternal families. I don't know how people can go through losing a loved one without that comfort.

Two days later we celebrated Lance's birthday on Christmas Eve. We did the traditional Nativity at Grandpa and Grandma Sorensen's with Lance's family and some aunts and uncles and cousins. 
For Christmas, the kids woke to find Santa found our house. 


I love Miss Emma's face. So not a morning person. Since we had church and needed to get ready, we had to wake the girls up at 7 am. Yep. We had to wake them up. 

Then for the big finale. They opened a couple gifts from us, one being a dual DVD player for the car. They loved that. Then we had Hannah open the BIG GIFT. She found a letter from the characters at Disneyland, inviting us all to go visit them. Lance and I were getting teary watching them, just waiting for their reactions.

*Cue Crickets chirping*

See their faces?


Emma was too tired to care, Preston just sat there, and Hannah read through the letter and then calmly asked if we were really going. The end.

SERIOUSLY?!?!

That's it?!?!

Lance and I looked at each other like, "What the...?"

I totally expected jumping and screaming and all that like you see on the commercials. Especially since they had been bugging us forever about going there.

Nope. Lance said, "I guess our kids are more like me than I thought." Nerd.

Once I told them we'd be staying in a hotel for 8 nights, then they got excited. "A hotel?! Do we get to swim?!" 
So note to self: Next time, just get a stinkin' hotel in any nearby town, as long as it has a pool.

We did have a blast and the more we talked about it and the more they got to tell their relatives about it, the more excited they got.

More to come so stay tuned...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Im still choked up over that beautiful little baby. She must have been a pretty special angel for Heavenly Father to need her back so soon.
As for your kiddos, their so cute. I think my kids wouldve reacted the same way. lol Cant wait to see pics of the trip!