Sunday, September 8, 2013

Nine is Fine

My kid is nine. Nine years ago our first son was born. I wondered how we could love another child as much as we loved our first, but the second he was placed in my arms all doubt left. There is plenty of room in my heart for my children. I was amazed at how much I loved this baby boy. Preston is all boy and I couldn't be happier to call him ours.

Preston still has that contagious giggle and I hope he never outgrows it. 
He is such a jokester and loves to creep up on his mom to scare the jeebies out of her.


Now that Emma started Kindergarten, he has made it his mission to protect her at school. He makes sure to tell any boys to leave her alone and to be nice to her.


Seriously. Look at those eyelashes. Girls are gonna go nuts over those. He already gets so many comments on them telling him to watch out when he's older. He doesn't really like that. Girls? Blech.


He still is my little farm boy. He goes to work with his dad every chance he gets. Even when I go to Ogden to visit family, he will stay home with Lance.


You will always find his pocket knife in his pocket at any given time. He's just like his dad.


Happy Birthday, kid. We love you and all you bring to our family. 
Just please stop growing up.


No comments: